Holiday Reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubbles01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone recommend any fiction that has a strong diver theme going through it and a sense of adventure? I am after recommendations to take on my holiday. Thank you.

Neutral Buoyancy: Adventures in a Liquid World by Tim Ecott

Oops! Not fiction, but a very enjoyable read a mix of author's personal experiences and various characters in diving history.

Thanks for the suggestions so far - sadly I have already read these and I have to confess I am bored with Cussler having read so many but thank you anyway. About a year ago I read 'Double Cross' by Patrick Woodrow which was great. Does anyone know if he has written anymore or can recommend an author like him?

Failing that any book recommendations other than diving ones would be great. I do like stuff packed with action and adventure. The sort of books you can't put down from beginning to end!

Thank you for all your help so far and for any other suggestions. :D

I enjoy a series of fiction by a female author about a female forensics underwater detective. Ican`t place her name as all my boks are in storage as I am moving right now. i know I`m not much help but once I remember or stumble across one fo the books I will let you know.

James Jones; "Go to the widow maker" 1966 --640 pages! (that should keep you busy)

James Jones also wrote four books that were made into movies. They were
From here to enternity
Some came running
The pistol
The thin red line

sdm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom