Holland Michigan Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldpirate:
.... We may even have another dive site or two to let everyone in on as the result of the 2006 search season. Stay tuned to the MSRA web site (below) for news. :wink:
Oh sure throw out a tease like that.... not even a hint?...I'll let you blind fold me, I am free this weekend:D

I thought the Michigan numbers were out already?

Oldpirate:
Hey Philoman,

The AA5 is a nice, easy, deep dive. I was fortunate to be among the first to dive her when we lcoated the wreck in 2005. We released the numbers on that one right away since the chance of anything turning up missing before proper documentation was completed was very slight.

The SS Michigan also will be a great dive site -- for tech divers anyway. Jeff Vos, Bob Underhill and Todd White have done extensive video and still photography of this amazing intact wreck but we are waiting for a promised visit by the state police's new ROV before releasing the numbers to the tech diving community. Hopefully the numbers will be released late this summer or early fall.

We may even have another dive site or two to let everyone in on as the result of the 2006 search season. Stay tuned to the MSRA web site (below) for news. :wink:

I hope you enjoy diving for as long as I've been able to (35 years now and hopefully a lot more!).

Thanks!

Hi Craig, I think you are the same Craig I stayed with last year at the Driftwood while diving with ADZ in the Straits? What kind of depth are we talking on the SS Michigan? I am good down to the 165' ish right now but am starting Trimix in August.

Jeff

Yep, that's me. Some of us are going again on the weekend of July 29 &30.

The SS Michigan is deep -- 275'. The numbers are still secret. Only 4 divers have been on it as far as I know. I'm not one of them. With all the bullcrap that's heard in this area, I'm sure others have lied about diving it. I believe only about 10 people actually know the numbers so far. Soon......

Oldpirate:
Yep, that's me. Some of us are going again on the weekend of July 29 &30.

The SS Michigan is deep -- 275'. The numbers are still secret. Only 4 divers have been on it as far as I know. I'm not one of them. With all the bullcrap that's heard in this area, I'm sure others have lied about diving it. I believe only about 10 people actually know the numbers so far. Soon......

Well I guess that one is off my list :)

Back
Top Bottom