Hollis 25lb or 38lb wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AMS511 is/was selling one. I think this older model is better than the newer one with the so call internal bungee. If the wing is design and size properly, there is no need for any bungee. Bungee makes oral inflation very difficult if possible at all.

AMS511 is/was selling one. I think this older model is better than the newer one with the so call internal bungee. If the wing is design and size properly, there is no need for any bungee. Bungee makes oral inflation very difficult if possible at all.

I can oral inflate my S38 with just as much ease as any other wing in it's lift class, they wouldn't make it if it was "very difficult if possible at all." Either way, the internal bungee is removable, not that I would remove it.

--
RH

Yeah I posted in his thread in the classifieds. Perhaps, I should PM him. I just have a feeling when I go in to switch out my S38 wing today, the LDS is going to say that they can't order the S25 and will have to charge me another $100 for the updated S25 LX.

The newer LX series wings bungee can be removed on the fly.

Checkout the Hog 23lb wing as well. Jim Lapenta here on the forum can get you a good price.

The newer LX series wings bungee can be removed on the fly.

Checkout the Hog 23lb wing as well. Jim Lapenta here on the forum can get you a good price.

Do you know if the Hog 23 will fit on a SS Hollis BP?

Yup. It will fit perfectly. I use to own the 32lb Hog wing as welll. The Hog newest design has longer slots. You can even bolt the wing to the plate with no issues.

If you really want the Hollis S 25# wing, Amazon.com has one through Prime Scuba for $219 with free shipping.

Yup. It will fit perfectly. I use to own the 32lb Hog wing as welll. The Hog newest design has longer slots. You can even bolt the wing to the plate with no issues.

Thanks again, Eric.

Will they let you try to dive it first? I might be the weird one here but I actually moved from the S25 to the S38. I was much more comfortable on the surface with the 38LB for the surface swim (the 32lb would probably be more ideal). It kept my head above water much better however it might be because of my own body composition that I'm less floaty than most. Also dive a steel plate in 3mm with no additional weights in fresh water. So saltwater is a different animal.

I didn't feel a difference of drag between S25 vs S38 but I'm a newbie diver.

Back
Top Bottom