Hollis F1 Fin - Color Anyone??

What color would you like to see Hollis Fins in? (multiple choice)

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henry Ford would be very disappointed with your suggestion! I am a black kinda guy; but I suspect you could sell enough International Orange to the Coast Guard, military rescue divers, and public safety groups to justify a production run. Slip an engraved insert into the mold and charge a premium for the rescue-diver fin.

If they are going to be yellow and black, can't you make them into a batman logo?

Are the 2 color fins in production yet? I haven't heard anything about them lately.

Any update on this? I am still awaiting for a chance to buy another pair with discount mentioned.

I don't think the F1 is a fin that lends itself to being colored. A big solid red, blue, yellow etc. rubber fin would just look weird.

If I did this correctly attached is my new bat-fin painted yellow!

Michael

Attachments

• PICT0027.JPG
    PICT0027.JPG
    385.4 KB · Views: 370
I used a Krylon spray paint that said it bonded to "anything," I'll let you all know how the in water test goes this weekend. I wanted to be more visible in low viz conditions, and I've got a night dive scheduled for Saturday, so I'll let you know how visible they are as well. I am also thickening my skin in preparation for the mocking I am sure that will follow both here and amongst my dive buddies. :wink:

Michael

Last edited:
Hi Guys:

I was wondering what size fins did you guys buy and what size boots do you wear? Do most of you primarly use rugged oversock boots like the one offered by Hollis or the more well known DUI rockboots? Do these fins have a pocket generous enough to accomodate drysuit boots (has to be long, tall and wide enough.).

Thanks,
Claude

Back
Top Bottom