Hollis f1 sizing Qews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ozgarr

Many online retailers will let you return a product as long as it hasn't been in salt water...you could always order both sizes and then return the one that doesn't fit. It would cost you a little extra because of the return shipping but at least you know you'll end up with the ideal size.

I found that joining several local dive clubs and actively participating in them had many unanticipated benefits. I was expecting to acquire a lot more local dive buddies...and I did. What I didn't realize was that with a larger circle of dive friends came more invitations to tag along on dive trips/vacations and more chances to try out everyone else's gear. I figured out which fins fit my drysuit rockboots by going on a fun weekend trip to Catalina Island. I think there were 30+ divers in attendance. I just asked politely to see whether my rockboots fit into their fins. Every person I asked was happy to oblige, and some even offered to swap fins with me for a dive. I recorded the size and model of fins I tried. By the end of the weekend, I had selected which fins I wanted.

Ozgarr, I thought of this later.

Any Oceanic dealer can get some Hollis F1 fins in for you from Oceanicaus (the importer) on sale or return, they might say otherwise but that's BS!

This weekend I'm going to try on some fin and boot combinations with the Jets and see if I can establish a good fit. If I can, I'll just get the fin without Spring straps and buy them online. I understand the fit is very important, and don't want to sacrifice potentially years of comfort for 1-2 hundred dollars.

Jets it is folks, thanks for the help :D
Just interested, why did you pick the Jets over the F1's?

Interest is driven off the fact that I'm looking for a new set of fins for my drysuit. I currently have a pair of OMS Slipstreams and are finding that they lack drive/trust when you need it. Otherwise their great for tooling around in a wreck.

Jets should give you more thrust. It's just a trade-off between speed and efficiency.

Actually, I would think you'd get more thrust with the F1's. The Jets and F1's are pretty similar as far as stiffness is concerned, but the F1 is slightly longer and wider therefore the F1's would likely give you more thrust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom