Hollis Neo Tek Semidry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kronek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is everyone's feelings on the Hollis Neo Tek semidry wetsuit? Mainly I do cold water diving, 15*C is about the warmest it will ever get around here. A drysuit is out of the budget for the next few years, so I want something that will last me awhile, while keeping me warm.

I did my checkout dives in a 7mm farmer john/jacket, and it kept me plenty warm, but it was 6mm thicker than the neo tek. Would the semidry aspect keep me warmer? I wouldn't have a problem with throwing a vest on for when it is a lot colder. But I think the 8/7/6mm would be plenty for most of my summer diving. I also like the integrated hood as the flange on the wetsuit hood I wore was annoying to say the least.

Do semi dry suits cause more buoyancy than a 7mm farmer john? (Size XXL for both).

Also, I am a big boy and can hold my pee so peeing in my suit is a non issue.

Kronek - Did you end up getting a Neo Tek? If so, I'd love to hear how you like it. Thinking about getting one myself for New England diving . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom