Hollis Ride removing padding?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agility

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I own a Hollis ride equipped with weight pockets and am considering removing the padding from the softplate to reduce buoyancy.
Will this reduce the stability too much or can it be done without negative consequence?

by padding are you talking about the backplate pad thats held on with book screws, if so then you can just take that whole thing off and I dont see any way it could hurt your stability. As for consequences, it might be slightly less comfortable walking around on the surface, but once underwater it should feel fine.

if your wearing a lightweight wetsuit then the neoprene should pad you enough from the grommets and rough nylon of the softpack, and you wont see much of a difference

Thank you, yes I do mean the backplate pad. I was not sure if it is part of the structure or just an add-on for more comfort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom