Hollis TX1 question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serpentara

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have one? Are there any reviews? My Oceanic Atom 3.1 died on me for the second time in 5 months after only 38 dives. It is only six months old. I told the shop I bought it from that I am done with it, and I don't want it simply repaired a second time. I want a different computer.

One of the managers agreed and said we could exchange it once Oceanic does a repair. So I was thinking of the Hollis since it can use the same transmitter as my Atom and should be more robust since it is from AUP's tech line. It also has more functionality that I can grow into if I ever start doing tech. It's also just about the same price as the Atom was +- $100.

Anyone have one? Any thoughts? Does it interface with DivingLog 5 without difficulty?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I am also looking for anyone that has information (has used or at least had one in their hands for sometime) on the Hollis TX1. I am going to talk to the Hollis Rep this week but want some information to be able to have good questions for him.

Anybody? Tbuechner, did you talk to the Hollis rep?

I've ordered a new TX1 and I'm planning on diving it in Utila the first week of May. I'll let you know any info. you need if you're still interested. Just let me know what you're looking for.

I think a Petrel is the plan at this point. If I manage to kill one without killing myself, I must really be doing something right!

Still no feedback from anyone who has experience using a TX1?
I'm very interested in hearing about the performance of this computer.

I've come to love my DG03 and might be interested in getting a TX1 now that I'm getting into trimix.
Seems like Hollis knows how to make a good DC.

I ended up with a Petrel, but the TX1 does look nifty.

Still no feedback from anyone who has experience using a TX1?
I'm very interested in hearing about the performance of this computer.

I've come to love my DG03 and might be interested in getting a TX1 now that I'm getting into trimix.
Seems like Hollis knows how to make a good DC.

Just be aware, there have been several confirmed cases of (and a few suspected cases of) the Hollis DG03 completely zeroing out your deco time upon switching gas mixes. I LOVE mine, and was interested in the TX1 when rumors first started spreading....to the point that I held off getting a Petrel to see what it looked like.

I have a Petrel now, I couldn't be happier.

Also, the DG03 is literally an Oceanic computer AND an Aeris computer with a different paint job. I think it might have lost the Dual Algorithm capability, which is fine as the other algorithm is much more rec-oriented anyway.

I will retype my original message after I have spoken with Hollis support regarding some issues with this computer...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom