Hollywood dive movies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Tjack, Just found two films (Italian) but "Dubbed" into English

"Hell Raiders of the Deep" WW11 underwater operations in Gibraltar from the Italian point of view circa 1954

"Mizar" Frogwoman circa 1953

Blue Water White Death. Yr.?

I was reviewing the movie list and noticed we don't have any after 2012.

There must be a few new films with diving out in the last couple of years? Any ideas?

Blue Water, White Death (1971) ***
Documentary quest to film Great Whites in the wild. off Australia, South Africa and the Mozambique channel. Amazing UW footage, great dive documentary. This film was an inspiration for Jaws.

I was reviewing the movie list and noticed we don't have any after 2012.

There must be a few new films with diving out in the last couple of years? Any ideas?

Blue Water, White Death (1971) ***
Documentary quest to film Great Whites in the wild. off Australia, South Africa and the Mozambique channel. Amazing UW footage, great dive documentary. This film was an inspiration for Jaws.

Mission Blue is a documentary from this year and is Fantastic tons of UW footage - Really makes you think and want to get involved in protecting our oceans

I am looking for Il tesoro di Rommel 1955 ​film's DVD. It's a Hans Hass film. This film isnn't a Holwood, Italian film. Black and white. If anyone knows please PM.

A TV show Assignment Underwater: 1960
"Adventure abounds in this 1960s TV series starring Bill Williams as Bill Greer, a former Marine and expert scuba diver who faces as much danger chartering his boat, the Lively Lady, as he did during his military days... Diane Mountford portrays Greer's 8-year-old daughter, Patty." 39 episodes

Vintage equipment.

I must say though that the daughter just steals the shows. She is awesome and makes this show worth watching.

I am putting the latest updated list together with minor revisions. Any more films I should include?
I haven't yet seen IronMan3 but I understand he spends some time underwater. Should that count?

Back
Top Bottom