Home made log book pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone know what might be a good way of making your own log book pages?

In the past I have used the SSI and PADI log books both very good but not what im after as far as wish to use or see.
I have found a great many log pages on the Board but have had no luck moding them or finding a way to make my own.

So if anyone has any good ideas please pass them around!

If I were to make my own I would use photoshop or illustrator...probably illustrator. If you don't have these you could try GIMP. Its like photoshop but free! I have to say, I've never used it but it might be worth a look.

http://www.gimp.org/

Does anyone know what might be a good way of making your own log book pages?

In the past I have used the SSI and PADI log books both very good but not what im after as far as wish to use or see.
I have found a great many log pages on the Board but have had no luck moding them or finding a way to make my own.

So if anyone has any good ideas please pass them around!

Why not keep a computer dive log and then just print out the logbook if you need a hard copy...? Attached are samples from the two programs that I have used (Dive Log and Mac Dive)..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• divelog2.pdf
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,565
  • divelog.pdf
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,725
I agree that you should go electronic. The best, in my opinion, is Divelog 5 here. I'm attaching some excel sheets I used to use before I had DL5.

Attachments

• Divelog sheets.xls
    34.5 KB · Views: 547
  • Divelog.xls
    29.5 KB · Views: 341
  • DL2.xls
    32.5 KB · Views: 348
  • Small log sheets.xls
    51.5 KB · Views: 397
Save trees. Go electronic and do your logs on your Mac or PC.

I used to use this one. It's in MS Word .doc format so it's easy enough to alter if you want to.

Attachments

• DiveLog2xA5.doc
    43 KB · Views: 506
A different twist but I use a blank bound journal that you can purchase in a bookstore. It does not have the advantages of an e-format but i do not always have or take my computer with me. I normally take my journal and can record dive information when convenient. IN the back, I also keep up with equip maint dates, battery changes, different calculations, and other msc stuff. My log consist of the following info:
UW cave time
Date Dive # Cave dive #
Location Buddies
Equipment used/computer safety factor
Start time H2O temp Tank 1, Beg pres-end pres=psi used x factor=cf used
End Time Viz Tank 2 - above if used
Total time Max depth Stage - above if used
Cave time Avg depth O2 - above if used

Narrative (for trimix dives, I will also record my dive plan)

What I learned/things to do different, etc
Who I saw
Who I met

Why not keep a computer dive log and then just print out the logbook if you need a hard copy...? Attached are samples from the two programs that I have used (Dive Log and Mac Dive)..

I do keep a computer log. but I have run into the past of needing a hard copy so I keep very detailed logs on both computer and paper.

but thats why I would like to find a paer log that has the most use for me.

You'd be surprised how many dives you can put in a spiral notebook

I do keep a computer log. but I have run into the past of needing a hard copy so I keep very detailed logs on both computer and paper.

but thats why I would like to find a paer log that has the most use for me.

Hmmm... well, if that works for you, that's great..!

To me it would seem to be a duplication of effort to keep two sets of records, when you could just maintain a computer log and make a hard copy whenever you needed it. Not sure I understand the advantage...

You'd be surprised how many dives you can put in a spiral notebook

Yup, all that work would all be gone forever if the notebook was lost, stolen, dropped overboard, caught in a fire, etc... :)

For data security, you can't beat multiple off-site digital copies and a printed backup.

Back
Top Bottom