Honeymoon in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is one 'Bonaire Educated' scuba board! Such great information. I agree with everything said. And to I'll add a few things.
#1 I stayed at the Plaza resort 10 days ago. I did go over to Buddy's, Lion's and Don's to see the property and walked through and did room inspections.
#2 You really can't go wrong at any of the three places.
They are quite different from the Plaza so be sure you know the differences, and pick the right one for your needs.
# 3 I think we should start a seperate thread on restaurants, like we did for Cozumel.
It will make it easier for people to do a search and read the reviews.
Have fun and Congrats!

We spent our honeymoon at Buddy's last year and had a very good, relaxing time. Bonaire is great because if you have a truck (I highly recommend one) and do shore dives you are on your schedule and not a boats or someone else’s schedule. You can sleep in late, dive at 4:00am, your choice!

We were also novice divers when we went to Bonaire but the conditions couldn't be easier and did not go with a DM or "guide". Entering/exiting from the shore is very easy and the diving was easy too. It's up to you though. If you want a DM, book a boat dive or too. Definitely get the local book "Bonaire Diving Made Easy" when you are there. I also highly recommend the Town Pier night dive. Buddy's can arrange it, but try to go with the smallest group possible to enjoy it more.

As mentioned, leave your valuables behind and keep your car/truck windows open. We had no problems with crime.

The service at Buddy's was top notch and the breakfasts were good, but get there early! If you sleep in too late, no breakfast for you! Lunch and Dinner at Buddy's wasn't very good when we were there but they might have changed that.

Also try to make a trip up to the National Park for a few hours of driving on dirt roads. It makes you feel like you are on another planet! Get there early though as the close the gates in the afternoon.

Definitely check out Bonairetalk.com, a great source of info. That's how I learned about Maiky Snack, a great local place off the beaten path.

Have a fun and relaxing time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom