Hood Canal Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great photos! Would you mind sharing what is your setup? One day, I too will take photos worth showing to others.....

Was this Sund Rock or Octopus Hole? Or neither?

thanks

Thanks for the compliment :sappy:

I'm shooting with a Canon SD500 Elph and SeaLife SL-960D strobe.

I wrote a review of the Canon here.

Photography definitely gives you something pleasurable to do while diving. You should give it a try sometime :eyebrow:

Those photos were mostly from Sund Rock, with a few from Octopus Hole

Wow, you guys had a productive series of dives! Calvin, you consistently get some of the best photographs of our local wildlife that I've seen from anybody. I love your site, and your gallery, AND the display program you use. Thank you for sharing these!

The vis was not too bad, actually; for Puget sound in the summer, at any rate. 5-10 feet near the surface, but below 30-40', we probably had 20' or better a few times. It was a lot of fun!

Nice stuff!

Thanks for sharing.

TSandM:
Wow, you guys had a productive series of dives! Calvin, you consistently get some of the best photographs of our local wildlife that I've seen from anybody. I love your site, and your gallery, AND the display program you use. Thank you for sharing these!

:blush: Wow TSandM, thank you so much for the kind words, I'm not sure that they're deserved, but they sure sound nice nonetheless. I'm pretty much just an average diver who always keep the camera handy :wink:

Nailer99 is right on with the vis report. It really varied a lot from dive to dive. I saw my first spiny dogfishes on this trip. There were many of them. I probably saw at least a couple each dive. Then, I did a pair of dives at Sunrise today and saw one there too. Is it just coincidence or is it the time of year?

:confused:

Thanks to you too Sasquatch. The nice words make me want to get off my duff and upload some more photos. Taking them is easy, actually putting a gallery up is something that I procrastinate to no end. :shakehead

Regarding the Dogfish it's the time of the year although I haven't seen one yet this year. The Dogfish and the Sixgills seem to show up around the same time but it seems to me that the Sixgills stay around longer.

We were at Sund Rock a few days ago and didn't seen any Dogfish (unfortunately). I did see a China Rockfish at Sekiu yesterday (one of my favorite fish).

Nice pictures by the way.

A diver out at Sund this weekend told me that the Sixgills like to eat the Dogfish, so it makes sense you'd see them together....

Back
Top Bottom