hood for the cenotes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vieque:
If I were to dive the Cenotes.. should I use a head hood? In most of the pictures i've seen of divers at the cenotes, most are wearing a hood. I have a 4/3 wetsuit. And another 3mm spare. :snorkel:

I rarely ever get cold, so I am probably at the extreme end. I did two dives in December (water temp 76-77 ish) one lasting 40 plus, and another lasting a fraction over 35 minutes with a 0.5 mm full suit and had zero problems with warmth. I wife however, is always cold and dove in a 3 mm full and did not go on the second dive due to being cold. Have fun, they are fantastic dives.

Water temperature is right now 77F annd a lot of people will feel ok diving with a 3mm. If a person is usually feeling cold while diving I would suggest to take a hood with. Wetsuit may be rented in dive shops but bring your own hood. If you do not use it, it is not taking away a lot of space in the luggage. have fun. :mermaid:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom