Hood Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PullmanSCUBA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
OK. So I am looking for a hood and I have noticed that there are three different styles the swimmers cap, the full hood, and the hood shirt combo. What I am wondering is if anyone has any suggestions on what to get. All of my diving thus far has been in Washington State and needless to say the water is not all that warm most of the year. I am also a college student and thus little money to spend on equipment.

Any advice would help!!! :D

If you dive a full suit he latter, often called a chicken vest. The inclusion of the vest makes an excellent closure for your neck since it's one piece. Water will eventually get to you but it will need to follow a torturous path and be quite warm when it finds you. Also the vest puts a barrier between you and your back zip and mutes any seepage just as it does for the neck. The chicken vest is worn under you suit.

If you have a John & jacket combo you will probably want to settle for the bibbed hood that will tuck in and provide some overlap on the shoulders.

More here.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom