Hoods Canal Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Runrayrun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Went out with Don at Pacific Adventures Wednesday and had a wonderful time. We went out near Brinnon on the north end of Hoods Canal and caught a great break in the weather. Mostly clear and very little wind. We did Pinnacle and West Wall, viz was good at 20-25 feet. Tempurature at surface was 46, but at 80 ft. warmed up to 51!
Tons of ling cod and Rockfish, never have I seen so many fish in the waters of the Sound. Big ones too!
Pac Adv, Don, were fabulous to dive with. I would highly recommend them.

Don runs a wonderful boat, and the dive sites you can reach by boat in Hood Canal are really fabulous. I need to get back out there when they are doing the Pinnacle, so I can see the huge schools of vermilion rockfish!

At one point around the south side of the Pinnacle I looked up and the school of Rockfish was huge, I almost thought I was in the Caribbean! You also could not go 15 feet without running into another ling cod, they were camped out everywhere. Lots of egg sacs around also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom