Hoop Net

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark99

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can a Scuba diver use a hoop net to catch lobster in So. Cal?

COOL !! You're helping me study for my ADP final on Saturday !!! Didn't know it, did ya??

Okay, I'm looking at the DFG regulations, and section 29.80 Crustaceans: Gear Restrictions sez "a.) Saltwater crustaceans may be taken by hand. Nets, traps, or other appliances may not be used except as provided in this section. b.) Baited hoop nets may be used to take spiny lobsters and all species of crabs."

Also, "g.) Diving for crustaceans: In all ocean waters, except as provided in Section 29.05, skin and scuba divers may take crustaceans by the use of the hands except divers may not possess any hooked device while diving or attempting to dive."

Clear as mud, huh?

Short answer: NO.

whalerkyle:
Max 10 per boat, not 15.

Yes, I should have checked the regs! We're seeing many more hoopers this year. I hope this isn't a trend. Anyone know how they are doing?

Back
Top Bottom