Hoosiers are ready to dive the Blue Heron Bridge in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jendra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My dive buddy and myself are excited to finally get to dive at Blue Heron Bridge. I have heard so many amazing things about that place. Anyone need a reason to not go in to work or something and care to join us and show us around??

We currently plan to be there either Thursday, April 5th or Friday, April 6th.

Jendra, the tides are a little early on those days but I may be able to make a friday dive. The thursday dive
is do-able but a little early. The park opens at sunrise and most divers try to get there about an hour before
high tide to allow plenty of time to set up gear and be in water a bit before high tide (twenty minutes or so).
I'll post back as the date gets closer. Here is the website I use for tides. Be sure to use the " Port of Palm Beach "
location when checking for high tide.

Tide Region Selection

Thanks.. stole it from somebody else :wink:

scubajenny, I don't want to hijack this thread but I may be diving the bridge this thursday and friday
3-22 and 3-23, stop by and say hello if you make it up !

Sorry.. no can do.. working, working, working..

Thanks for all of your help with the tide information! It looks like we are planning to be there Friday, April 6th. I am excited to possibly meet other SB members and to finally dive the infamous BHB!!

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Btw~ about how many times do you normally get to dive during high tide?

Btw~ about how many times do you normally get to dive during high tide?

It is a one dive thing with the slack tide usually lasting between 50 to 60 minutes. Wearing a
watch is very helpful if you do not have a time mode on your computer. Some divers will dive
longer than an hour but are usually out of the high current areas (under and around the bridges).
Getting in a bit before high tide and staying a bit after would increase your dive time. By a bit I mean
15 minutes or so before and after the slack tide time. Slack tides can be shorter so be aware of the
current as you start getting later in the dive.

I will be at the BHB on April 5th with a friend... coming down from KY. Been reading this board for weeks and I cant wait!

Tell me more about the tides and the affects on the dive... I think we are going to be there around 2pm. Help me understand since this will be my first dive in the area... thanks!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom