Hope You're OK!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I meant to call earlier today to check in on the house, hope your all ok

We're all back in our homes, except those who unfortunately lost theirs. Our home, that of Bob and I was under mandatory evacuation starting Tuesday evening. Blair's home was added to the list starting Wednesday evening. Force Fin offices are near the beach, so they were never threatened and business ran without interruption. I ran a personal blog about our experiences as refugees in Santa Barbara, and was picked up for interview by Rick Sanchez of CNN. You can see pictures and read about it at Ms. Fine Fabrics for Fashion and Fun!

Running in and out grabbing things as we were evacuating our house was crazy. What took a half hour to grab has taken me all week to bring back. I found this photo I had taken back in January 1969.
airplanebe.jpg

In 1969 A SAS DC-8 landed short of LAX killing 15 people, who went down with the tail section. The Meisrtell brothers Bob and Bill were called up by the lifeguards to assist with their dive boat "Que Paso". In a emergency it's funny the things you grab. The first thing I have handy on my old dive boat"Haik" was my Force Fins and wetsuit.
The new Flying Force XXXL sure would work well with a cold water survival suit ( GUMBY), it's foot pocket is the largest foot pocket in this world and most likely the only fin that will fit a cold water survival suit.
Speaking of people who do the real rescue check out this youtube link I see Force Fin's in 5 clips.

Last edited:
Well, it sounds like most of you came out OK. Thanks for the updates.

I wonder how much stuff didn't make it back to your house. Or maybe the stuff that made it out is what you want to keep and you can get rid of the stuff you left behind. If only it were that simple.

Back
Top Bottom