Hopefully a TEMPORARY goodbye...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deep_6

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. I was soooo ready to taste the deep ocean.

Everything was ready. I already made up my mind as to which cert agency to go to as well as which equipment to buy.

Unfortunately, due to some health problems:

a. I experienced severe chest pains almost 10 years ago which made my doctor ask me to put on hold any scuba plans

b. my mother is a diabetic and her doctor wants me to be cleared first before I start lessons and the cardiologist has to concur with that.

This I hope will not be a permanent ban on my plans of taking up scuba.

I will monitor the board with envy as divers relate and post questions pertaining to their problems or what have you.

Stay safe and dive safe!

yes, i hope all is well and this is just a momentary set back.

I'm touched! Please not to worry guys. I feel GRRRRREAT! The doctor just wants to be really extra carefull. All the good hospitals are in the metro areas and all the best dive areas are...well, very far from the good hospitals...get my drift?

I'm not sick at all. Heck I smoke like a chimney and eat like there's no tomorrow.

Ok, that last line was bad, I know.

Don't worry people I'm not sick. We're just being carefull.

Thank you for the caring words. I hope I didn't give the impression that I'm in the hospital with tubes and wires all over my body.

A minor set back like what H2andy says...I hope.

Hey, Deep 6, Do youreself a huge favor and make a few lifestyle changes that will keep away the spectors of heart disease and diabetes. . . . and make it possible for you to enjoy years of diving.

My favorite dive spots are in the Philippines--I go there as often as I possibly can! You have it in your own backyard. Lucky!

There's a new section on the Scubaboard about health and fitness. Hook in, and you'll find lots of support and encouragement.

The neat thing about lifestyle changes is that we feel so much happier after we implement them. It doesn't turn out to be the sacrifice we expected, but the door to a fuller, more exciting life. That's been my experience, anyway.

All the best to you!

hey, if i can quit smoking, anybody can

deep_6, you'll feel so much better you won't belive it

Deep_6

I hope all the tests come back clear and your back on track soon!!! No need to say goodbye though - stick around. Scubaboard is for divers and non-divers looking at becoming divers. Who knows - you may be able to impress your instructor with the amount you learn!!!

Anyway - hope to see you round the board. :wink:

Best wishes, and good luck...!! :D

Back
Top Bottom