Hoping all SB members in the PI are safe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I don't have TV (and it rarely covers real international news anyway), so I just read an article on-line about the heavy monsoon rains and flooding in the PI. Just wanted to say I hope all our SB members there and their friends and families are safe. Oh, and I also hope it dries out enough by the time I hope to get there in Mar or Apr of next year.

Thx drbill, am currently in Subic where DevonDiver taught me a recreational side mount course, which went down really well. We dived the day before and after the flooding and completed the course yesterday.
It sure was strange to sit at the bar in the Arizona Beach resort and see all the destruction and misery going on around us on local tv!

We're okay

Alfie Santos.jpg
I don't have TV (and it rarely covers real international news anyway), so I just read an article on-line about the heavy monsoon rains and flooding in the PI. Just wanted to say I hope all our SB members there and their friends and families are safe. Oh, and I also hope it dries out enough by the time I hope to get there in Mar or Apr of next year.

All taken in stride; here's a diver ordered by his wife to buy some groceries.

I've just come back to Thailand from the PI, and I can tell you that we had some pretty wet and very windy weather while I was there. I've spent the past 24 hours traveling (boat, van, three flights, with an overnight in BKK which was fortunate). My PI flights were delayed due to weather, and my flight out from Manila last night was delayed 3 hours, meaning my "overnight" in BKK wasn't really an overnight, but more like a nap since I got in at 3-ish and left again on an early flight to Phuket.

Limbo, good to hear you managed to get the course completed! Was it fun?

Dive gear on my way to work.jpg

Hi Quero, the side mount course was great fun, check my dive blog for reports and it was good to meet Devondiver in person.

How was the remainder of your trip? You were in Manila when the floods were on, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom