Horse Collar Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Never mind.

Last edited:
What's a good patch to use for my SeaQuest horse collar BC? I took the inner bladder out and while it's a yucky (greenish on the inside) faded clear vinyl bladder I managed to find the leak. Will the bicycle quickie patches work for my application? The denier material is stinky also due to the age of the material backing. Still looks worth while to fix.

Aquaseal would probably work for a small leak. Lightly rub area with some sandpaper and put a dab of Aquaseal on it. For a bigger repair use some of the urethane type material used for patching waterbeds.

Aquaseal would probably work for a small leak. Lightly rub area with some sandpaper and put a dab of Aquaseal on it. For a bigger repair use some of the urethane type material used for patching waterbeds.

What he said, just don't let it seep through the hole and stick the 2 sides together. Not likely on a tiny hole but on a larger one it can happen. Keep just enough air in the bladder to keep it seperated or lay it in such a manner that the 2 sides are apart.

...and don't forget to give the inflator bottle a good wack on a cement floor to knock all the rust free.....for Nemrod and Fenzy owners.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom