Hose Bouyancy Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had a similar problem with my sports kiss, which attaches much like the dolphin. The stock hose weight is a length of lead string, which I've never been too fond of. A friend picked up a couple of inspiration wts, but still his hoses a bit light. What I wound up doing was making my own (I have a machine shop). Instead of the 2" OD of the inspiration wt I used 2.25" material, so that the weight is now 9.5oz instead of 5.5 oz. Not sure what the drager wt is exactly, but as I recall it is very light. I too plan on going with a seacure mouthpiece, as the stock one cuts the inside of my lip on very long dives. I much prefer the setup on the prism, the engineering eliminates the problem.

I made three dozen, so if anyone wants a pair pmail me at robinfante@aol.com. They are chrome-plated brass, I can send a pic. The drager weights are $75 each, the inspirations are $25 each, mine are $20 each, less if you order two pairs.

Back
Top Bottom