Hose Replace?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was told that I should replace my hose because of this "bending". .. and I am curious about others thoughts. Now granted I am putting some pressure on it to make it do that... but is that a sign of a hose failing if it "loses form"

The hose was new in 2022. I appreciate the thoughts!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 67
Kinda depends on whether it is a bend-it-back-and-forth bend, or a bend-it-once and forget it. And on HP or LP hose...can't tell much from your picture.

If you think it needs to be replaced, replace it, it will always be that little niggle in the back of your mind, do I, do I not?
What cost is piece of mind.

LP long hose for my primary.

Kinda depends on whether it is a bend-it-back-and-forth bend, or a bend-it-once and forget it. And on HP or LP hose...can't tell much from your picture.

Put a hose protector on it; you will never have to look at that weak spot again.

What's the worst that could happen?

Your widow buries you with $30 in your suit jacket?

You’ve done the correct thing in asking for sure, and yep I’d replace that, I’d also question why it’s bending to the point of having it collapse on one side, would a slightly longer hose of different hose routing stop this reoccurring?
Generally if it’s a cheap(ish) fix and I’m thinking do I? Don’t I? I just replace, but I can understand the point of view of what is important and not so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom