Hotels in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For good AI food & a beach best bets are the Occidental Grand & the Iberostar. Beach is a bit rocky at the Iberostar, but since all beach is public a short walk can fix that. Another resort which should have a nice section of beach & good food is the Aura but it wasn't completed when I was last there & there haven't been many reviews about it.

Try the Hotel Cozumel and Resort. It's AI, biggest pool on the island, less expensive than those more to the south. It has a small beach, one mile south of town, and the friendliest staff you could ask for! It's across from the Scubaclub. Good luck!

Not to knock Hotel Cozumel because I've stayed there my last 3 trips, but I'd hardly consider the beach area a beach, nor the food as really good although I've had some excellent meals there.
I have on line albums for Hotel Coz, and the Iberostar here (scroll down, they are near the bottom of the page.)
Picasa Web Albums - Larry

To find all three of your criteria may be difficult.

If you require all three of your criteria, and budget is not important, you may want to check out Cozumel Palace $$$$. Nice pool, decent AI Food reports and a nice enough beach area. Otherwise, you may want to consider eliminating the AI requirement to open up more options for your hotel/pool/beach enjoyment. Cozumel AI Food reports are ...well.. hit or miss. Most AI Food reports you find for Coz are poor to medicore to OK.... Overall, Cozumel offers so many wonderful restaurants in town, that it really would be a shame to miss this part of a visit.

Holiday Village White Sands or Occidental Grande -- both have beautiful beaches, big pools and very good food.

We just got back from Wyndham Cozumel. Wyndham was dreadful. We upgraded to their Sabor adults only side and that was very nice but not as good as our stay at White Sands. At White Sands, you can dive right with Dive Palancar onsite. We enjoyed diving with them and they have good quick boats.

Note that the Aura is part of the Wyndham complex (as are Sabor and Regency) I would not go back. Aura people weren't happy either.

I stayed at the El Cozumeleno 2 years ago in August. It was a good time. The dive shop is right on the beach and they (Antonio of Scuba-du) is very helpful. The El Coz is an AI. The food was pretty good but it got kinda boring at the end of the week. There was a small but GREAT restaurant down and across the street where my wife and I had a wonderful lobster dinner. We were the only ones in the restaurant because we got a late start for dinner. The people there were very accomidating and gracious. Gave us 2 complimentary shots (each) of the smoothest tequila I've ever tasted.

Fiesta Americana has nice pools, okay food (AI also includes drinks, food gets repetitive after 3 days or so) and a man-made beach area. We even did a couple shore dives there. Have not been there since Wilma, though. I know there are many threads mentioning FA here on the 'Board. The price should be reasonable and short distance to the reefs.

FA is a good option, i'd see if you could get just breakfast and dinner as most 2 tank boat dives include lunch.

We love the Iberostar. Good food, clean rooms, beach, good entertainment and close proximity to many of the dive sites. Check Apple Vacation website for prices. The airfare has gone down lately. We've stayed at Fiesta Americana before but it's not as nice as Iberostar, and almost as expensive. Have heard the food at the Wyndham is not good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom