Housing advice for Sony SR11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaynea

Registered
Reaction score
Hubby wants a housing for his Sony SR11 and I would like to surprise him for Christmas. I've been looking around but there seem to be so many options what with the Ikelite, Blue Fin, Equinox etc so I am unsure what to go for.

Basically a plea for any recommendations! We are fairly new divers (about 50 dives each) and tend to only do tropical dives to a max depth of 30m so this is purely for hobby videography and something to impress our friends at home!

Most manufacturers do a great job, I would say for that model your best bet would be:

Ikelite
Gates
Light & Motion
Amphibico
Gates doesn't make an SR11 housing...

Sealux universal housing, avialable in the US under CC Shop US
They live in the U.K. so service might be an issue.

Last edited:
As far as I know the organisation like this is quite new and they offer service as well. Personally, I own 2 Sealux housings after I had Nimar, Gates and Bruder/ Mediasub. I am very satisfied with them, especially with the EX1 housing (Fathom optics included). It is the same kind of housing as L&M, Amphibico or Gates. Every device has its pros and cons. Last year I wrote a review for wetpixel for the FX7 housing, it is still on the site. Maybe it is a good idea to ask Jon at hgvt for service.

Okay now I am more confused than ever! There seem to be more options out there. Thanks for the help so far though!

I am in the UK and would like to spend up to $1500 dollars max on one seeing as we don't dive that often. Don't know if that narrows things down.......

Back
Top Bottom