Housing help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soonerwink

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an old Hi8 Sony camcorder TRV46. I Haven't used in a few years. I thought I might be able to find an old housing for it. I checked to Ikelite website and found it would use a 6035.25 housing that has been discontinued. Is there any other housings that would work with this camcorder? I don't want to spend a lot of money for one, since the camcorder isn't worth much.

I have a small point and shoot digital camera (Canon SD700) and the Ikelite housing. It takes great video believe it or not. Probably better than the old camcorders and you won't pay as much for the housing. Plus the camera works great for above water too (fits in your pocket).

Just my O2.

Otherwise, your best bet would to look on eBay or post a WTB thread.

~Jeff

Just get a big memory card. If I recall, the Ikelite point and shoot camera housings were in the $250 neighborhood. BHPhotoVideo.com has decent prices posted online to get a feel for them.

~Jeff

I am sorry, I didn't post enough info, I already have housing and strobe for sp-350. Just thought if cheap enough might be fun to play around with. I will post another thread on WTB like you suggested. Maybe someone has an old housing laying around that I can match up to my camcorder.

Your least expensive option is the seal n' go housing. You get no control over any of the camera functions but the price is right. You can start/stop the camera in the housing using your remote. Some options:

Shellicam
Aquatix
DeepH20

There's also the Nemo 2000 sold on eBay.

You might also watch eBay for a used TopDawg, it controls any Sony camera that has a LANC port. (Yours does) One just sold used for $205, afaik all it needed was a $10 loc-line light mount.

Sweet! I'm looking at getting an HD camcorder and housing and it will be cool to start getting some multi-angle shots.

Best of luck finding a steal on the housing.

~Jeff

Your least expensive option is the seal n' go housing. You get no control over any of the camera functions but the price is right. You can start/stop the camera in the housing using your remote.

I had not heard of those before. When I first read your post, I thought it was like a zip-loc bag or something :)

Glad I clicked on the links. Seems simple and basic, but for some things that is all you need -- KISS

~Jeff

Your least expensive option is the seal n' go housing. You get no control over any of the camera functions but the price is right. You can start/stop the camera in the housing using your remote. Some options:

Shellicam
Aquatix
DeepH20

There's also the Nemo 2000 sold on eBay.

You might also watch eBay for a used TopDawg, it controls any Sony camera that has a LANC port. (Yours does) One just sold used for $205, afaik all it needed was a $10 loc-line light mount.
Thanks for the links, I think one of the seal and go housing would work fine for what I am wanting to do.

Glad I clicked on the links. Seems simple and basic, but for some things that is all you need -- KISS

~Jeff
Probably not what you want for HD though. Something with a port with some quality lens elements as well as Manual White Balance control is probably optimal. But you'll pay dearly for it...lol

I shoot HD so if you have any questions feel free to PM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom