Housing to fit Canon S20 ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Blue One

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a housing that will fit the Canon Powershot S20 or if the WP-DC300 will actually fit the S20 and if it needs any minor internal mods to hold the camera ?

It seems Canon brought out the S30 and S40 (which are inferior cameras) quickly afterwards but nothing for the S20 !!

Try DigiDeep website. It's the best I know for finding which cameras have housings.

I don't think that particular camera has a real housing available, just the plastic bag type.

The S20 is not very different from many of the other Canons in button configuration.

Are any of the others a close fit ??

Really if I could get zoom and shutter only I would be happy !!

Don't really want to page through photos underwater or fiddle with settings and only after a "snap" camera at this point just to see if I am interested in this.

I will try some shops this weekend.

But I was looking at the Canon A20 housing, and they said I needed an A40 housing. When I got the A40 housing, I couldn't see _any_ difference between it and the A20 except for color...

So it _might_ be the same situation...

Of course I didn't try it, since I found an A40 housing cheaper than the A20 I was looking at...

... so I just bought a new camera and housing to go along.

Settled on the A70.

The main problem appears to be the lens placement. The S20 lens is central whereas most of the newer ones have a slightly offset lens to cater for the AA batteries they have on the side - so while the camera will actually fit in one of the housings the lens wont actually extend !!

The A70 housing is also rated to 40m which just provides that extra level of comfort

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom