Houston to Cozumel flights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The trip is booked. February 5 to February 15. Flying into Cancun and doing the bag drag. Arrive at noon on a Friday, and hoping customs isn't to bad.

I can tell you I made the mistake of taking a later flight and getting into CUN at like 2 something. Apparently the entire world lands in CUN at 2.

From flightstats.com, 200 PM tomorrow would not be a good arrival time at Terminal 3. Just grin and bear it.

The trip is booked. February 5 to February 15. Flying into Cancun and doing the bag drag. Arrive at noon on a Friday, and hoping customs isn't to bad.
Ok, those are different dates and lengths, but glad you found good flights. Still SWA for $300+? The airlines flying into & out of CZM those dates are much higher, plus luggage fees - so great. PM CVChief for his van guy contacts if you don't want to do the bus, but the bus is non-stop to PDC.

I can tell you I made the mistake of taking a later flight and getting into CUN at like 2 something. Apparently the entire world lands in CUN at 2.
I tried to arrive in CUN at 2pm, but Texas weather stopped that. I did make it by 4 I think, but that was an extended circus. I slept until noon the next day.

I don't keep track of ferry closures but it may be tied more to tropical systems than nortes. Just a guess on my part.

I think that's a very good guess. Remember, the ferries are used business and commerce as well.

I have been on the ferry a bunch of times when they were handing out puke bags. They run in alot of weather that closes the port to small craft. You can also consider Mayair a back up plan.

More times than I can remember. Great fun when the big drunk studs get hit.

Worst ordeal though immigration was a 2:00 pm arrival. Took about 2 1/2 hours, which wasn't too bad when you consider the line began out on the tarmac.

From flightstats.com, 200 PM tomorrow would not be a good arrival time at Terminal 3. Just grin and bear it.
Yea, I am there at like 1130 today thank goodness. The time we hit at 2, we didn't get a getway. We waited for a bit to get on the tarmac, then they put us on a bus and drove us around aimlessly for a bit and then back to near the same spot. Then into IMN area which was PACKED. I think they drove us around on the bus until they had room to squeeze us in the building! Yikes! How does 1130 today look, Ron?

Terminal 3 has arrivals at 1044, 1045, 1105, 1117, 1120 and 1147 AM. The new flightstats.com does not list the terminal directly. Looks like Southwest goes to Terminal 2.

Terminal 3 has arrivals at 1044, 1045, 1105, 1117, 1120 and 1147 AM. The new flightstats.com does not list the terminal directly. Looks like Southwest goes to Terminal 2.

Yes, they do.

Edit to add: Jet Blue and a charter US carrier, Miami Air, are the only other US carriers to use Terminal 2.

Last edited:
Well, I went to see a diving medicine doctor yesterday. The doctor wants me to get a chest ct scan done, and if that is good I'll be good to dive. Scheduled for the CT next Saturday, but hoping to be able to squeeze it in sooner. Wish me luck on the results.

I'm tempted to book the flight to Cancun and do the bag drag. Does anyone think the United flight to Cozumel will come down to $400?

I paid $486 for a United flight back in June of this year. I don't know whether United's cost will ever come down to $400 or not, but I will really be glad when the international terminal opens at Hobby Airport this fall. I suspect that with Southwest entering the international market out of Houston all Caribbean destinations will be a little more affordable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom