How about Sea Elite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joel smith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a 650 Boss , it works very well Iam very pleased with the reg. Question is do I only get it serviced at Divers Supply , I read in a post on here somewhere that said where it was made and it was made in the same factory as some high end regs.

Hi Joel, every competent scuba technician should be able to get your reg serviced. Problem might be to get the service kit for your reg, or at least the HP seat.
I repaired a Sea Elite regulator a while ago (not your model), the HP seat looked similar to the Aqualung HP seats, but was different and the hole in the seat for the push pin was closed, so I was facing an unbalanced diaphragm 1st stage, something I had seen before only with the "widowmakers"of Poseidon.
Your regulator is supposed to be a balanced Diaphragm reg, if you cannot buy a service kit from Sea Elite, maybe one of the common diaphragm HP seats can be used. But this has somebody to check who really knows about this.

no qualified technician will rebuild them unless they can get a factory authorized service kit. doing anything else opens them up to liability that not insurance company will permit.

Thanks this is helpful to know, this is one of the things I have learned as a new diver. Yes Divers Supply have been very good and helpful , but they seem to be the only one to service. Some things need to be bought local , and name brands so they can be serviced no matter where your diving. Support your local shop also , Thanks for your help, still learning

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom