How can I stop surface bubbling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Porkfried

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
In a pond near my house, a lot of people go fishing. Its pretty big as far as ponds go. What I want to do is **** with the fishers (for no reason) by scuba diving near where they cast and grabbing on to their hook (with protective gloves) and making it seem like they hook something giant and special that they can't pull in.
In a sense, I want to be a mini Loch Ness monster that only fisherman know about.

I'm wondering how to stop my scuba gear from making bubbles at the surface that give away my position, or at least make it less obvious that I am not a super pond fish, but a diver with too much time on my hands.

If the bubbles are at least slowed down or something I think that'd do it, most fisherman won't suspect that someone would be bored enough to actually do this.

I cannot afford a re breather.

most fisherman won't suspect that someone would be bored enough to actually do this.

I think most divers feel the same way

somehow-i-dont-think-you-thought-your-cunning-plan-all-the-way-through.jpg

Of course I havn't thought it out all the way through, I'm asking for help to think it out all the way through. I'm still in the planning phase.

I remember hearing a story about some navy divers that used to run the exhale hose on their twin hose into a lump of cork to break apart the bubbles coming out.

This is like someone saying that they want to stand downrange at a shooting range and randomly move the targets so that the shooters are missing all over the place and would have no idea why.

But they need to find a way to camouflage themselves so that they cannot be seen by the shooters, but they cannot afford Predator-style active camo, so they need help.

that's help with NOT BEING SEEN on a FIRING RANGE.

That said, you wanna play invisible man where dudes are throwing steel hooks and dragging them at high speed/force, that's your business.

I second the request to video it. Put it on Liveleak, not Youtube, since gory stuff can go on Liveleak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom