How can I stop surface bubbling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe you could get one of those plastic shark fins to strap to your tank like in the comedy films? :D

And don't complain that a stupid fisherman was trying to hook you. Be sure to take extra tanks down so you can stay under longer than some of the fishermen want to stay on the bank and wait for you. Some of them take messing with their fishing as seriously as some divers take messing with our dive floats.

Personally, I don't think the fish sticks will work too well, they will thaw too quickly.. Of course you can go to the dollar store and buy some plastic fish to hook up for them. Make sure to get tropical if possible.

darwinawardfish_chrome1.jpg

Keep up the hard work and you will win some day

Of course I havn't thought it out all the way through, I'm asking for help to think it out all the way through. I'm still in the planning phase.

Just rise up in the middle of the bubbles and quickly submerge

Amazon.com: CREATURE FROM BLACK LAGOON MASK: Clothing

You do know what a treble snag hook is, don't you

Maybe you could get one of those plastic shark fins to strap to your tank like in the comedy films? :D

I don't know how ya'll do things up in New England, but down here in the south, most of us bubba's carry more gear in our trucks for these types of situations. Usually associated with numbers such as 44, 357, :m16: 308, 30-06, 12 guage, etc. We live for the days that the white likker :cheers: kicks in just right and we get to use our hunting and fishing license on the same day. Can't wait to see the taxidermist with our latest project.. :D

I don't know how ya'll do things up in New England, but down here in the south, most of us bubba's carry more gear in our trucks for these types of situations. Usually associated with numbers such as 44, 357, :m16: 308, 30-06, 12 guage, etc. We live for the days that the white likker :cheers: kicks in just right and we get to use our hunting and fishing license on the same day. Can't wait to see the taxidermist with our latest project.. :D

As I read this post, I suddenly realized something amazing. I just figured out why people keep sending my brother dead animals!!! He is a tax-attorney, and them must be mistaking it for taxidermy!!!

I'm going to start a pool on when this gets moved to "Accidents and Incidents" or "Passings." I'll put up squares for each week for the next two years and sell them for a dollar each. Who wants one?

You need to hook on a box of frozen fish sticks or other such thing, not just tug on the line. Also, don't forget you need a buddy.

I love this idea...I can just imagine the look on the fisherman's face (PRICELESS)

I'm going to start a pool on when this gets moved to "Accidents and Incidents" or "Passings."
This just in:

July 4th, 2011

Gloucester, MA –Fourth of July festivities took an unexpected turn at Crab Apple Pond, a popular site for local fisherman and picnickers, when the body of a scuba diver floated to the surface. According to Essex County Sherriff Ian Shanahan, the diver’s oxygen tank was functional and almost full, but his regulator had been modified to exhaust into a cork, and his head was covered with mats woven of twigs, leaves, and a trash bag. It was not immediately known if these contributed to his death, and there were signs of trauma to his body. The cause of death will be determined at autopsy, but exsanguination due to trauma to the groin area was the preliminary finding. The Sherriff said foul play was not suspected.

The 27-year-old diver, Tim “Porkfried” Shanley, the unemployed son of Newburyport physician Dr. Pat Shanley, had been missing for at least two days, but nobody had noticed. Dr. Shanley explained, “Sometimes he doesn’t leave the basement for weeks at a time. In my day we’d be out playing baseball on a beautiful summer day, but kids these days would rather play World of Warcraft, or waste countless hours on internet forums. His mother is really shaken up by this.” He said his son was an advanced diver, with over 20 dives, and had begun training to be a rescue diver.

Local dive shop owner and Master Diver Padi O’Shea said that he had never heard of anybody diving in the pond. “There’s a whole ocean 15 minutes away—why would anybody dive in that toxic waste pit?” He added that none of the local boat captains remembered having Porkfried on their boats, and he noted that it was considered unsafe to dive without a buddy. Porkfried’s Facebook page listed scuba diving and "gaming" as his favorite activities. None of his Facebook friends could be traced to actual people.

Services will be held at the John Donahue Funeral home in Newburyport on Friday, July 8th.

:D

Back
Top Bottom