How can my buddy identify me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a bright yellow slap strap (neoprene replacement mask strap) that helped my buddy identify me during my checkout dives.

3dent:
Use the paint pen to write 'Follow' on the bottom of the left fin, and 'Me' on the bottom of the right?

Or...

'I stop', 'for photo ops'.

'If you can read this', 'you should be beside me.'

'If you can read this', 'you should be a better buddy.'

'If you can read this', 'you're solo.'

'Diver', 'Ahead.'

On mine, I should probably put, 'Wide', 'Load.'

hehe, my fins say "here" and "fishy".... no, I swear they do!

I normally take a blanket with me, just incase I get cold........easy to spot.

NWGratefulDiver:
Here's how I do it ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hey Bob can I use that as wallpaper on my wife's laptop? She loves Nemo.

So, do you hear Ellen DeGeneres throughout your dives? It will never be the same now.

I painted my name across the forehead of my hood in bright green acrylic paint. It's holding up pretty well and I'm not gonna get lost :D

tedtim:
Hey Bob can I use that as wallpaper on my wife's laptop? She loves Nemo.
Be my guest ... oh wait ... that's a different movie ... :wink:

tedtim:
So, do you hear Ellen DeGeneres throughout your dives? It will never be the same now.
Actually, I hear Jackie (one of my favorite dive buddies) ... who is a lot like Dori ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Me and my dad commonly dive in quarries where there are multiple dive attractions with ropes leading from one to the other so you don't get lost. we have had situations where we couldn't see each other because of the murkey water swimming single file along the line so now we flash the dive lights at each other as a sort of "are you ok" type of thing. This is a last resort and we try to maintain visual contact and we basically use it to locate each other in the murkey water.

At DEMA this year someone had a marking gel in many colors. I do not remember the name.

Here you go ... ID-MY-Gear .... http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/1208/IMG_2904.JPG

I've noticed that if you each get different colored lights, the light shining out thrugh the sides of the housing is colored by the housing (UK C-8 ) made it easy to pick my buddy out from others with his green housing. We also do the different color, or color combinations, of lightsticks on the tank
I have a yellow mask strap cover so that helps from behind

I like the sew on, highly reflective tape idea for night and boat dives ... http://www.flashback.ca/products/tapesandtrim.html ... going to check into it ... thanks for the links

DB

Back
Top Bottom