How deep have you gone and why ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

132 in Molokini Crater, looking at white tipped reef sharks and garden eels. It was my 10th dive, and I was stupidly following the instructor who was our dive guide.

Nowadays, I dive 32% and have a self-imposed hard deck of 100 fsw. Found out about narcosis the hard way.

I went to 84 feet this weekend. I was on a 32% mix. I did it at blue grotto doing the loop. It was amazing to see the stuff that was back in there. I mean there weren't any fish or anything but more than anything just the rock formations were beutiful.

I've done a handful over 200' in the last 90 days to complete my full trimix cert. Deepest was to about 250'. All in dark, cold, low-vis water.

I'm planing on doing a trimix dive next month in Hawaii and seeing how much difference the clear, warm water will make. After that, a couple of my local buddies are certified to 160', so we'll be keeping it above 200'.

It has been said, and I agree, that HE is the crack cocaine of diving.

130' on 25/25 & 117 on air. The 113' dive was early in my diving life when I didn't know any better.

Diving 32% all the time has kept me to under 100' (and happy)

138 feet on Molokini crater Maui, didn't stay down at depth very long, you see the garden eels and bigger reef sharks, I had no problems and it is not a big deal, I do like to vary my dives, diving same depth all the time gets boring. Some of my favorite relaxing dives average 20 feet

126 in Lake Erie to see a shipwreck.

98 feet because that's where we ended up after seeing "the deep boat" in the quarry before making our way back to our exit point....

Wall dive in Cozumel at 137ft normal equipment. Current was strong and was only there a few minutes. Also, had a couple of dives at 125+. I agree with most of the others... not anything worth seeing more than at shallower depths. Legitimate reasons for diving deeper could include: wreck diving, cave diving, deep diving, and all are speciality areas and require training before the dive. One of the 125 dives had a tense moment when a woman ran out of air at 85 feet and was headed to the surface on the highball express. Fortunately, for her, I was only a few feet away and grabbed her by the tank. I was able to give her my regulator and get her back up safely. She admitted on the surface she panicked... if she had been deeper when this happened it may have been worse.
My advice is no your limits and dive within them. As Sheck Eckley used to say "plan your dive and dive your plan".

Back
Top Bottom