How deep is considered a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would record the training dives you do in the pool in terms of weighting, skills practised and things you might need to work on in the future, but I wouldn't add them to my number of dives counted, if that makes any sense.

I think I would only count the dives performed in a natural environment. Like everyone else said, at the end of the day it is up to you what you log.

the only dive i recorded in a pool is Nemo33 (Bruxelles, Belgium) : 111 feet

Bruxelles has a 111 foot deep pool! Who knew! What is the purpose of the facility?

Like others have said log whatever you want it's your log. I personally log all of my dives except pool sessions. The only ones I haven't "counted" are the 6-8 dives that my computer counted as separate dives during the rescue course. Every time I am at the surface for more than 10 min my computer logs it as a new dive.

Not deep enough. They aren't dives, Bob. You are so totally wasting your time. :wink:

I know ... my avatar was taken on one of those dives ... as was this one (in about 10 feet of water) ...

hunter.jpg

I've had some amazing dives that never went deeper than your typical pool ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

To the OP:

Deep: You are deep when you can't stand up, spit out your reg, and breathe.

I agree....

I would log pool sessions if you are doing something. (so you can keep track of what you were learing or practicing).. I personally have not logged any pool time and wish I would have.., but I use to do some pretty crazy stuff in the pool when I was doing my OW.

:confused:How deep is considered a dive? I have 23 dives on my computer, only 8 were over 12 ft. I spend alot of pool time trying to work on my bouyancy and breathing. talked to one dive shop that said anything over 14ft was considerd, is this the standard?
Not sure where the 14' rule comes from.
So how deep? You decide. I would say other than a pool, when your deep enough that your computer turns on and starts reading depth and time.

I would record the training dives you do in the pool in terms of weighting, skills practised and things you might need to work on in the future, but I wouldn't add them to my number of dives counted, if that makes any sense.

I think I would only count the dives performed in a natural environment. Like everyone else said, at the end of the day it is up to you what you log.

That makes sense

the only dive i recorded in a pool is Nemo33 (Bruxelles, Belgium) : 111 feet

Hah! That's awesome. I've contemplated such a facility before (artificial caves and all), but I always figured it'd be too expensive to build and maintain profitably. I guess my musings were wrong on that count. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom