How Deep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My deepest dive to date was to 120fsw on the Duane Coast Guard Cutter off Key Largo. The depth was planned and I was with Walter, another person who posts on this board. I normally don't like to dive deep. I like to dive reefs, there is lots more to see shallower.

No need to apologize, I am glad you asked. I am always looking at what other divers are doing as well. Never know when you might see something or learn something great. As for my tanks, it is just a preference that I have when I am diving steel dbls the pony’s balance me out. When I started working on more tech dives the group that did my training back in 94 sold me on the steel lp's I have been diving them ever since. I have some smaller AL pony’s but I use them for other diving not tech.
Have a Great Monday. (If there is such a thing)

"Live as if your to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
GANDHI

Gotcha..
Thanks for info.

What part of Fl. do you do most of your dives? I am in the NE, but I try to make at least one trip to Cave country each year.

Eric

I live in SE Florida about a 5 min boat ride to the ocean, but like most who are out of control I will travel where ever to dive. There is so much in this state to do underwater it could take years. I have only been here for about 5 years now and my hit list keeps growing not shrinking!!!! I grew up in the NE where about do you hale from?

Grew up in NYC, then moved to Long Island,NY and started diving. Worked at a local shop (best way to get gear :)) and then crewed for the Eagle's Nest. Moved to MD. and been doing some of the local diving.

Yourself?

Take Care,
Eric

My birth happened in the lovely NYC (Queens), then we moved to the North Shore of LI. My dad love the water, boating and diving so we moved to and lived in a place called Bayville. Which is where I started diving in 79. It started in the Bay, then the Sound, and then the ocean. In the early 90's moved to Chicago where the water get even colder than the NE but "Great" diving all the same! Now loving the warm tropic "non-dry suit diving" (most of the time) of South Fla!

"People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore"
ANDRE GIDE

Eric,

You have me cracking up! It has been a long time since anyone has spoke of such things. My wife just asked what was so funny, Had to explain all about the (in)famous Bayville wreck. Although growing up I have caught many a lobster off the coast (sound side would sink tractor tires in the mud with blocks near the wreck wait a bit come back and BAM, “Gonna have Lobster tonight!”) of Bayville, but nothing comes so close as the finer arguments I have had with the local patrons of the finer drinking establishments (watering holes) that the Bayville wreck is not a submarine (local lore) but is a barge, LOL. Most locals (many are still in the same bars to this day) will disagree so much so that your life could be threatened. LOL. Thanks for bringing back some great memories. I have to tell my dad he would get a kick out of it, most people just remember Steve's Pier one when they think of Bayville.

Thank you,

don't mention it. I bet I will bring back some more memories, I used to work at Tiedemann's Diving Center in Levittown.

Eric

All,

I'm so glad to have discovered this board. What a terrific resource!

I've been researching deep diving, getting ready for a trip to Bikini Atoll in a few weeks. I've been diving for years and years, but never anywhere other than Southern California, San Diego specifically.

Just got my Deep Diver and Nitrox certs, and in all my reading, some of the bikini dives I'll be doing seem pretty extreme (200ft or so).

So, how big a diff is warm water? Clear Water? Anyone here with a frame of refrence?

I've been to 130, with no narcosis noticable in 50 degree water. Should i expect a big differnce at bikini?

Thanks guys

Rebis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom