Whale OF A Tail !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Many moons ago when I was not so old went spearfishing and then was more bold . I threw the anchor near the point and remembered spearing my first halibut here many years before . Dume submarine canyon runs close near to the shore with very deep water and possible big game galore . Diving along the edge of the canyon spotted a group of halibut and there she was big Bertha with the smaller males . She was six feet long and five feet wide and much to big for me to spear . Impulsivity is my defect so I shoot big Bertha before she swims away . Hold on to your gun , big Bertha is taking you for a ride . She is swiming and pulling me so very fast please do not rip my mask off on this very wild ride ! Down in the canyon we go descending ever deeper , how deep will she go . I glance at my wrist ,150 feet deep , keep holding on and you could die . At 175 feet she started to give up and surrender so now you must land this beast and this story goes and goes . To be continued part 2 good day , good night have fun Rumdumb

Back
Top Bottom