How do experienced divers define "What is Advanced Diving?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DD if you actually take the time to read post #86 you'll see that my thought on advanced was actually about recognizing increased risks in dive profiles and knowing your own limitations. Which I stated in my case began as I prepared for DM. It really is a time (or was a time before PADI changed the standards for DM) when divers are learning theory and application of it. Knowing ones own limitations is by it's very nature a check of the ego. As you put it..."It's all relative to the dives done"

As for ego I'm well aware of my limits and accomplishments I happen to have a number of significantly more accomplished divers I call friends and I can trust to help me expand my abilities if/when I am ready to progress. As someone who has read scubaboard for a number of years I'm also familiar with your ego. As far as I'm concerned you can check it at the door. I didn't ask for your comment on my reply to the OP and I don't need your snide remarks concerning your obvious low regard for DMs and/or OWSI.

So maybe as we progress we will have a lot more to learn. As I implied maybe what you recall when you were at that level was your shortcomings. Either way it wasn't appropriate for you to comment on. I guess the only excuse is you are just a legend in your own mind.

To the others reading this thread sorry for the hijack. You'd think someone on SB's Staff would be better mannered.

Back
Top Bottom