How do I avoid hose pull?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Returning to the hose pull issue.

snip...next time have your buddy look at where it is binding....

Get in the pool with your buddy, preferably a pool at a dive shop or you will have to bring a lot of odds and ends like different length hoses, swivels etc. While in the water, try to duplicate the problem. With the help of your buddy's careful observation you should be able to find the problem and a solution.

c

I love my Seacure and have noticed no such adverse situations.

Never had anyone in need refuse my donated reg.

The problem is not that they will refuse it. The problem is that it may cause an involuntary gagging reflex which could snowball. Shortening the bite tabs should reduce the problem. Let your buddy try it before you dive to reduce surprises. Or have a setup where you will donate an octo with normal mouthpiece rather than your primary with the custom seacure mouthpiece.

I can second (or third or fourth or whatever we're up to) the miflex hose recommendation. If none of the suggestions that don't include spending money on new hoses works, it's definitely worth a shot. I love them. Noticeably lighter (not that hoses are horribly heavy) but the best part about them is the flexibility, even when pressurized.

I have a Zeagle Tech 50D (Apeks Zeagle, as we call 'em in the store...) with a Seacure mouthpiece and I love it. I had a minor issue with hose pull and the mouthpiece seemed to cure it.

The only drawback to the Seacure is that the yellow insert causes enough airflow restriction that my reg will not free flow with the venturi lever in the "dive" position. As a matter of fact, lever position with this setup is totally immaterial--breathes the same regardless of where it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom