How do I use a Sealife Digital Pro SL961?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have it on preflash "2" and autobright "1". I determined these settings in a dark room per the instruction manual.

I have it on preflash "2" and autobright "1". I determined these settings in a dark room per the instruction manual.

Good!! That means you have the newer manual :wink: It was updated after they found the error/miscalculation...You should have no worries and it should be set for your camera if done correctly...

Now get underwater and take some pics :D

Has anyone besides me taken any underwater pics? Can they share there experiences?

thanks,

Well, as I said earlier most of my pics were overexposed...I have since bought a couple books to help me tune my camera since I had it on "auto" mode and thats what led to overexposure...I got the books by Martin Edge and also the one by Tackett. Looks like good ideas inside. Next Sat I will be going to coronado islands so hoping to get better results. Then I will be back in Ca in June and planning channel islands. (Anyone recommend a good dive boat for channel islands?)

Anyhow, here are couple of my better pics from Yukon...

Attachments

• yukon8.JPG
    yukon8.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 66
  • yukon7.JPG
    yukon7.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 64
  • yukon10.JPG
    yukon10.JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 57
Thought it made sense for an update...

I have been using the camera and strobe steadily now. Used it on 30 dives in 2008. It has performed well... I set on Aperature mode mostly and I have learned how to crank up the flash power and still not over expose pics. I always review the histogram when shooting and adjust accordingly. My ratio of good pics to garbage has gone way up. Posting a couple of my better ones here. The last pic, the queen angel, was 100 feet deep on a wreck. I chased it a while before getting a good pic.

My sticky pad (attached to housing to detect flash) also fell off during a dive. VERY frustrating. I had to electrical tape it on for the rest of the dives. I since bought some super glue to re-install and I keep glue in my carry case now for this. It would be beneficial for everyone to do this. I have had some issues with sticky buttons and recommend LONG soaks after a day diving. Now am religious about soaking regulator/watch/camera housing. Mostly I dive out of hotel rooms on business so these soaks are key.

Attachments

• IMG_3931_640x480.JPG
    IMG_3931_640x480.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3596_640x480.JPG
    IMG_3596_640x480.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 62
  • small_5575.JPG
    small_5575.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 56
  • gray angel_6137.JPG
    gray angel_6137.JPG