How do you dry your Whites Fusion boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johanan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Yesterday I tried for first time my new Whites Fusion boots. They are semi-attached to the Whites Fusion dry suit with velcros - even on the inside of the boot. It seems quite obvious that they are not meant to be removed after every dive. But how to dry the suit with the boots attached? The suit is already dry but the boots are still wet like soaked. I tried to get out the water trapped between the boot and the sock but they seem to dry forever. How do you dry your Fusion boots? Don't they pick up odour? Is there a special wisdom? I'd appreciate any tip or trick.

Thanks!

G'day Johanan,
This is a good question, and the best solution aside from removing the boots which you are correct they are to stay on the suit would be to hang the suit upsidedown from the boots using a drysuit hanger. This will allow for trapped water to work it's way out and give the boot a chance to dry before putting your suit back in storage. Of course having a fan to move air is always helpful to speed up the drying process after a fresh water rinse. If dried well you shouldn't have issues with odour, if you find you do soak and rinse with a wetsuit/drysuit shampoo.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,

Thanks, that is a good advise! Today I am going to do my first ice dive and, God willing, will have a chance to try it. :coolsnow:

Cheers, J.

For what it's worth, I always peel off the boots from my suit. Seems somewhat easier for throwing my Fusion in a suitcase especially on the way home from some diving, and it also seems easier to put the suit on that way.

I hang my whole suit, boots attached, upside down and mine drip dry overnight.

+1 for always removing mine after a day of diving. Aside from the obvious advantage drying faster, I can't imagine trying to put on the boot with the suit attached.

+1 for always removing mine after a day of diving. Aside from the obvious advantage drying faster, I can't imagine trying to put on the boot with the suit attached.

Thanks, Greg! Actually, with the plastic insole inside the sock, it's not that difficult. Since I posted the question, I have tried to hang the suit with the legs folded upward. It worked fine, the boots dried overnight.

Back
Top Bottom