How do YOU enter the water?

How do YOU enter the water?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emtdan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Assuming:

You are on a boat,
the water is calm,
you have the ability to do anything

MaxBottomtime:
If I am diving from a commercial dive boat with gates or my buddy's boat with a transom gate I'll make a giant stride. From other boats I make a backroll.

It would be really funny to see a belly flop...hahahahaha :lol2:

Ok, seriously, ditto on Max.

dyin' of laughter here, folks, really... :frlol:

If the stern is more easily accessed, then I'd take the giant stride, but really it's whatever it takes to get in. I tend to get more giant stride practice off piers into quarries; I was diving for over a year before doing a backward roll that wasn't part of my OW training.

BTW, what's a "Pencil entry"? I've seen a DM do a forward dive off the back of a boat to go down to tie onto a wreck. (Yes, a forward dive like one might do off a diving board at a swimming pool.)

-Rob

Normal dive boat with platform - giant stride off platform.
No platform or RIB - backward roll off side.

I checked Giant Stride but I often just flop in on my back. Refered to as the Nestea Plunge.

Joe

That's what I was thinking...but I just witnessed a DM doing the same thing...I thought It was kind of strange...but to each his own!

rab:
BTW, what's a "Pencil entry"? I've seen a DM do a forward dive off the back of a boat to go down to tie onto a wreck. (Yes, a forward dive like one might do off a diving board at a swimming pool.)

-Rob

I prefer a giant stride or a ladder. I hate the boats in the carib that make you sit on a platform and put your bcd on then lean forward and fall off. I can never get the bcd gut belt as tight as I like it that way and end up messing with it in the water.
rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom