How do YOU enter the water?

How do YOU enter the water?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

giant stride plain and simple

I usually enter the water dry, and if the seals hold, I stay that way. :eyebrow:

I did a giant stride off of a 9-10 foot pier. I'll never do that again. The family jewels ended up in my mask or so it felt.

Don't give up on the giant stride, just work on technique. Put your legs together before you hit the water.

I walk in, fins off usally. On the very rare boat trip, it depends upon the boat. Giant Stride for most boats, back roll off the dingy if it is a low to the water boat.

Walk in. If I'm lucky I can giant stride off a dock.

From a dive boat, they usually want you to do the giant stride, which is OK by me.

Personally I'd rather just inflate the BCD and throw the whole kit in the water (OK maybe not throw but you get the idea), dive in after it and gear up in the water. Most dive boats don't seem to be too keen on that, though, probably a liability issue like everything else in this world.

Two questions. Who chose pencil entry..and WTH is that?!!! :D
Also, there are times when I have made seated entries, basically pushing off with my hands while sitting on a rock or inflatable. I have also made stealth entries by slowly turning sideways and lowering myself into the water.

Pencil entry is just like a giant stride, but your legs and arms are together. You need to be a few feet above the water to do it well... It's minimal splash.

Back
Top Bottom