How do you Format your Digi Camera and SDCard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
We really need a Fumbling Beginners forum here. I'd feel more comfortable posting and maybe even help others from my dumb mistakes...?? :dork:

A new member PMed me today about the thread I did on scrambled pics: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=103758 We exchanged some info and it made me feel good to know there are shooters who knows less than I do. I do hope I was helpful and - that he will help me with what he learns.

Anyway, during that threads discussion, I was advised on two ways to format:

(1) Sealife suggests formatting the Camera without the card, then formatting the card in the camera, then the Camera without the card once more - to help remove static electricity. Just got off the phone with them again to review this.

They also suggest SanDisk, Panasonic, and Tosiba cards as their recommendations.

(2) Lexar suggests formatting the card in a card reader hooked up to the computer. Just called them again to review this. From that thread....

Follow the instructions given below,

1. Double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.

2. Using My Computer, identify the Card drive letter.

3. Left-click the Card icon to highlight it and then right-click it.

4. On the pop-up menu select Format.

5. At the Format - Removable Disk (x) screen select Full format. Please format in FAT

6. Click Start. The Format Results - Removable Drive (x screen appears

7. Click Close.

Which method do you like, or - another...?? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom