How do you install prescription lenses in a Tusa Liberator Plus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefvagabond

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am the new owner a a Tusa Liberator Plus mask and am very happy with it. However I need to put in some prescription lenses and am not sure how to do so. I was informed that the center nose piece is supposed to come out but cannot get it out. I don't know how to do it.

I have not found any instructions on how to do so.

It's a little nerve wracking the first time but not hard. Do not insert the tool more than necessary to get a bite on the inner lens ring.

1: With a thin pointed tool, I use a retractable bladed knife, CAREFULLY insert the tip between the main body of the mask and the "T" between the lens and pry the "T" off.

2: Insert the tool tip between the main body and the inner lens retainer ring of either lens, a little over above 1/2 way up insert and gently pry it inward and up. There will be a small catch exposed about the center of the lens retainer when you do. Do not pry it out far, just enough to get the catch to remain disengaged.

3: With the tool, work your way around the lens retainer, prying out the catches at the top, other side and bottom of the mask frame, odds are after you get the 2nd one out the ring will pop on out. It helps if you can keep a fingernail under the lens ring to keep it from popping back in place. With the lens retaining ring removed, the lens drop out.

4: Repeat on other lens.

5: Scrub the mask frame if it has been used, now is a good opportunity to clean those hard to reach places that defog builds up in......I dissemble mine once or twice a year for that reason.

Reassembly:

1: Replace lens in the correct side of mask and snap the correct lens retainer lens. Make sure the lens, rubber skirt and main body are all properly aligned.

2: Repeat on other lens

3:Snap "T" bar back on mask

It's not that hard but prying out the lens retainers for the first time is more nerve wracking than it is difficult. Be careful with the knife, using a dull blade is not a bad idea but it does need to be sharp and pointy enough to get between the plastic parts

Hi-
You can also download the lens installation instruction sheet here. It is located on tusa.com under Support/Product Manuals.

Reactions: Jax
Thanks to both of you. Though I purchases the Tusa Mask and Lenses new I did not get the tool you guys mentioned. Was I supposed to get it? If not, where do I get one?

Thanks to both of you. Though I purchases the Tusa Mask and Lenses new I did not get the tool you guys mentioned. Was I supposed to get it? If not, where do I get one?

It's hard to see but notice the "*" beside the word tool. At the bottom of the page it says it's sold as an option. I would thing a very small screwdriver like the ones used for eye glasses would also work.

If using a screwdriver or alternate item be sure not to mar the plastic, but it should work OK. The mask tool can also be purchased from your dealer, it is available from TUSA, Part #0764.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom