How do you store your scuba equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancrest67:
This issue has been covered so many times before. If I am not using my gear for a length of time...I use a plastic tub to store my gear. I hang my wetsuits using the appropriate scuba hangers...or buy a bunch of plastic hanbers and duct tape them together. I do all of this AFTER I completely rinse and clean my gear...letting it dry in a cool shady place...NOT out in the open sun.

When/where has this issue been covered so many times before? I did many SB searches before starting this thread, to no avail.

-Gerry

Which ever way it lands in my action packer, thats why I like diving fresh water...I dont feel as guilty about not washing it. I really need to get better at this!

pasley:
I usally rinse my gear with a hose on the driveway to get the sand off as best I can (beach dive a lot), then into the rinse tank it goes (100 gal. horse watering tank) for a good soaking, often overnight. I made a grid out of PVC pipe filled with sand to use as a weight to keep everything under the surface, but not squashed. I also installed a valve in the bottom to make dumping the water easy. IO put a plexiglass cover on it, which makes for a warm water rinse in the afternoon after a day of diving. Then I hang it in a spare bathroom over the tub, normally till the next dive (which is hopefully just a day or two later). I installed a closet bar at one end and the bars just rest on tio of the enclosure. Easily removed. easy to make

I love this idea, along with others that have been posted.............Oh hell my wife is going to kill me.....thanks guys

1. Thought I would bring this back to life, just because there are so many good ideas out there.

2. Wayward Son, I love the locker you've built, however how does the heat in your Garage affect your diving gear, any concerns about it

Thanks for any replys.......ScubaFrog

Doesn't seem to be hot enough to matter. Direct sunligth -the UV- is very bad for it. Heat would have to be pretty extreem, I think. Not like I have much of a choice, there simply isn't any room inside the house to store it all.

I have considered getting a window mount AC unit for the hottest months but haven't done that yet.

Back
Top Bottom