How do you travel to paradise for great diving?

how do you get to your dive paradise

• Fly to my dive paradise

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Take a cruise to my dive paradise

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Drive to my dive paradise

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • None I live in my dive paradise

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly! Central MO is no where near paradise:) Hope some day to be able to say I live there. Guess that will be a few more years though.

I answered "none as I live there" (Honiara Solomon Islands) but to be fair there is a 15min drive to the first great wreck site accessible from the shore, and its another 5mins to the next one and then maybe 10 to the next and the wrecked Japanese submarine is another 35 minutes up the road so maybe I should have said drive :wink:.

Alison

Last week, it was so mild that I almost had to put my hands in my pockets. Where I live there are dozens of excellent dive sites for both day and night diving, for divers and conditions of all skill levels. There's one dive with eels, octopi, and thousands of fish, and you couldn't get lost if you tried. I've only been to one dive that's had to be called for conditions, and that was so bad that there was a huge red snapper (25+# easy) that the seagulls couldn't land on to snack on.

Summer visibility in the inlet gets up to 100' or so, and gives a striking black background. You can see all manner of critters just floating in the middle of nothing...

And if all goes to hell, the Navy has a dive chamber that you can borrow.

On the downside, the critters aren't as colourful as on PADI's website. Also, the water ranges from 4C - 7C over the course of the year, so drysuits are more-or-less mandatory, even when it's 30C on the surface. I've actually had a sunburn and mild hypothermia on the same day.

Back
Top Bottom