How does one get a career in recreational diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trinigordo:
I am not volunteering him, but I think Puff has a pretty good idea about the diving up here, maybe if we asked him he'd be able to help with the organisation of it.
OK, I'll volunteer him. Thanks Puff. Isn't he in Florida right now?

Dude I just realised you are an actuary, you realise that your job has a tendency to send people crazy right?

Trinigordo:
I presume you are talking about late summer time, with the water temperature references of 75 degrees.

July 2005 in Chicago - in fact on Oct 1, 2005 was still in mid 60's on the Mack

Indy Dive Club has 4 charters to Lake Michigan this year and we may have spots available: July 22, July 29 and Sept 30 out of Burnham Harbor - two dives on the Mack and a 3rd somewhere

Aug 12-13 out of Waukegan on the Enterprise - Sat PM and Sun Am dives - they dive the Wisconsin alot; this one will be deeper and also colder than Chicago -

PM me if interested in any of these

As I was writing my check for the tuition and preparing to relocate to CA.....I then realized, What would I do as a hobby, on the weekends, after work??? My hobby would be my work.

I decided to keep what I love to to as a hobby and my career should be devoted on what I am good at. I then tore up the check and enrolled into college.

Logan

I have tonnes of questions for anyone that knows the answers.

But, let's just start with the first one, how do I start a career in recreational diving?

Gordo

Hand your wallet to the nearest Instructor Trainer...

All kidding aside...feel free to email or call me if you have direct questions...

Might I recommend Florida Keys Community College or Fairleigh Dickinson?

Really old thread alert!

There is a big alert on old threads until someone revives it, and then the people that follow up on it don't have that warning. Maybe we some kind of automatic revived thread alert when a sufficient amount of time has passed between posts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom