how does this go into this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derek Stoeckenius

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hello! This is what I have, from a doubles setup order. The Delrin thumbwheels match the bands and soon I will have tanks in those bands. Am I missing screws or uh something? That's all that came in the box (besides the knife, white chord, and intertube). Thanks!

scubabackplate.jpg

In short, the bolts on the bands will go through the holes on the wing, and then through the holds on the backplate and then the thumbwheels are cranked on to hold everything together.

However, since you ask such a question, I suggest you find someone knowledgeable to help you put everything together once you have your tanks and reg set. It is pretty easy to damage things especially when assembling the tanks, bands and manifold if not done correctly.

Thank you! okay that makes sense! My LDS owner is doing the tanks/manifold/regulator configuration, and I'll be sure to have him help me with attaching the bp/w. Safety first and I appreciate the check in/information.

no problem...

I would also suggest doing a pool session or shallow water session with your LDS owner while you get comfortable using double tanks and to show you how to do a valve drill.

If your tanks are steel, it is very easy to overweight yourself

My first thought was that you are missing a manifold . . . but you say the shop owner's taking care of that. Otherwise, all you need is a wing, a plate, and the thumbscrews or wing nuts and you're good to go. (Oh, and a regulator or two, of course!)

Back
Top Bottom