How girls can avoid being hit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe King of course.... but without a doubt, I am whatever your blank space implied!

Jeff

Divers are some of the most friendly people I know. Perhaps the striking up of a conversation is coming off to her as being hit on, since in most other arenas of life the guys don't open up as easily as they do on a boat. Tell her to just relax, enjoy the attention, and she calls the shots as to whether conversation turns into anything else. ...just communicate what you're looking for and what you're not interested in.

This sums it up quite well. I will often ask for contact info if I feel there's any chance of it. I have made great dive buddies this way. I'm in no way looking to jeopardize my marriage. I prefer female dive partners mainly because they are so relaxed, not trying to prove as much as many of the men I'm diving with, have much better breathing rates than my male dive buds so I can get the most out of my 120 CF tank, etc. My wife is okay with it, too. Heck, she prefers diving with females for similar reasons. Guess women are more friendly to each other, help each other out, more relaxed, etc., than men.

As a general rule, my dive buds are really just dive buds. It does not seem to work out into friendship in any other part of my life and I'm okay with that. Male or female.

Tell her to shove her stinkin' dive booties down her shorts! Or she could just say she is not interested.

Making passes at dive buddies is the fastest way I know of loosing them. Good dive buddies are HARD to find, compared to the difficulty of finding mattress wrestling buddies anyway.

Because of this one simple fact single dive buddies are to be considered "off limits" unless there is a mutual agreement to make both the arrangements permanent. The negotiations necessary for a stable and dependable dive buddy is much more difficult than the other half, and HAS to be defined first. This sequence worked well for me almost 40 years ago. I'm still married to her, with over 2K hours underwater together. Something about saving your spouse's life a few times (both of us) really ties down the pair bond.

If I was single again and appeared "interested" in a lady on the boat, it would be to see if she had any hope as a potential dive buddy. Without winning there a permanent relationship involving mattress wrestling wouldn't be an option. I've been spoiled.

Last edited:
Bring another cuter diver that likes the attention and has the maturity to deal with it... Most men will leave you alone if your friend is kurt and fires back, your girlfriend probably doesn't have the experience to deal with a bunch of hyenas, she needs to learn how to roar...

If the cuter girl likes the attention I'm sure the spot light will deminish from her and she can enjoy her dive...

If you cannot find a cute diver invite Paris Hilton, I'm sure she likes the attention...

30mr12h.jpg

Paris Hilton DIVES???

Paris Hilton DIVES???

Well, we can safely assume she knows how to suck air out of a regulator.

You know, based on the photo.

Anything else is pure conjecture. :eyebrow:

Making passes at dive buddies is the fastest way I know of loosing them. Good dive buddies are HARD to find, compared to the difficulty of finding mattress wrestling buddies anyway.

Hmmm... must admit I have the opposite situation. I'm often asked to buddy up with nice women, and most of my "regular" (well, for a 95% solo diver) buddies are attached females. It has been years since I've found a mattress wrestling buddy (maybe I'm just out of their weight class?).

Females are generally better at air consumption, good at relationships (the buddy one, ecological ones, etc.) and don't belch, fart or other male things. I can talk to them about things that actually matter... not the latest sports contest (of course da Bears are always appropriate to talk about). The only problem I've noted with my female buddies is they get cold quicker.

Dave (Teamcasa), we all know your devotion to your lovely bride and that your intentions are quite honorable. It was cute to see the two of you holding hands as you dove in that recent video.

Yes Dave and His Lovely Bride are beyond adorable and I enojoyed diving with them!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Dave (Teamcasa), we all know your devotion to your lovely bride and that your intentions are quite honorable. It was cute to see the two of you holding hands as you dove in that recent video.

Yes Dave and His Lovely Bride are beyond adorable and I enojoyed diving with them!!

We enjoyed diving with you and Carmen as well my dear!

Here we are heading back into a pretty strong current.

9319_1198070122650_1555412746_30536592_7891708_n.jpg

Yep, that's the picture I was referring to. And we know Dave didn't hit on Marian on a dive boat. They were married before they started diving together.

Back
Top Bottom