How has Monterey changed in the last decade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A new shop has opened up at breakwater. It's called Out to Sea and they opened in July of last year.
They offer charters, fishing supplies and some dive gear including fills - only air though.
If you're parked around the area, they have a pick up and delivery service for your tanks. Just ring them up and they will come by with a cart so you don't have to carry, lift, or drive them over yourself.

Edit. Just noticed this was posted in Feb 2018. Oh well. A bit late but maybe not so late for newer visitors.
Hmm I've seen someone wheeling around a sign for Out to Sea, but I haven't visited them yet. Does anyone have experience working with that shop so far? Yelp has a ton of photos (~300!) but only 5 reviews Out To Sea - Monterey, CA

Hmm I've seen someone wheeling around a sign for Out to Sea, but I haven't visited them yet. Does anyone have experience working with that shop so far? Yelp has a ton of photos (~300!) but only 5 reviews Out To Sea - Monterey, CA

I suppose I could leave a review on yelp or TA or something.
My interaction with them was simple. Drive over at the end of the day and get tanks filled.
The gentlemen there carried my tanks to/from my car - he insisted actually. :-D I did not protest because he's probably a lot stronger than I am.
Super friendly inside. Owned by a couple I think he was the owner and the wife was at the register. She had a welcoming greeting as I walked in to inquire about the fills.
Will I use them again? Sure! And I'll try out their delivery service too!

I suppose I could leave a review on yelp or TA or something.
My interaction with them was simple. Drive over at the end of the day and get tanks filled.
The gentlemen there carried my tanks to/from my car - he insisted actually. :-D I did not protest because he's probably a lot stronger than I am.
Super friendly inside. Owned by a couple I think he was the owner and the wife was at the register. She had a welcoming greeting as I walked in to inquire about the fills.
Will I use them again? Sure! And I'll try out their delivery service too!

Neat! Thank you for letting me know! Always happy to try other shops in the area :)

Not a fan...in addition to short, overpriced fills, the shop is really set up for fishing, not about contributing to the diving community.

Back
Top Bottom